Dr. Mahesh Prasad Bhatt
(Surgeon, Author, Public Health Consultant)
Managing Director MMBSHS Trust
Ex. President VIBHA, Uttarakhand, India
Ex. Joint Director Dept. of Health and FW Govt. of Uttarakhand, India.
Surgeon, Author, Researcher, Public Health Consultant. https://drmaheshbhatt.com/about Managing Director MMBSHS Trust Advisor PatronCRPWS Ex. President VIBHA (Uttarakhand). Ex Joint Director Department of Health and Family Welfare Govt. of Uttarakhand, India. Ex-Secretary IMA Shrinagar (Garhwal) Uttarakhand. Ex CMS CMI Hospital Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Ex Principal Doon Paramedical College Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Ex Senior Surgeon Doon Hospital Dehradun, Coronation Hospital Dehradun, Combined Hospital Kotdwar.
1- Association of Surgeons of India.
2- World Medical Association
3- Indian Medical Association
4- International Union for Health Promotion and Education
5- Society for Theory and Research on Salutogenesis (STARS)
6- International Health Literacy Association (IHLA)
7 - Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
Scientific Committee, 6th International Conference on Spirituality and Psychology
-M.B.B.S. from K.G.Medical College Lucknow. (1992). -M.S.(Surgery) from B.R.D.Medi.College, Gorakhpur. (1996) -Trained in hospital and health sector management. -PG Certificate in Hospital and Health Management from National Institute of Health And Family Welfare New Delhi.
- For the last five years, exploring the Spiritual Dimension of human health with research, presentations, public talks, and articles on Spirituality and Spiritual Health. My research focuses on the Human Thought Processes and understanding of Spirituality, Religions, Science, and Philosophy with their interactions, complexities, ambiguities, and their Effects on Human Health.
- Published a book, research paper, articles, and delivered lectures on various dimensions of spirituality and health on different national and international platforms.
- More than 23 years experience in medicine, surgery, community health, public healthcare delivery systems, health education, research, different national health programs, hospital and health management in the Govt., Non-Govt., private, corporate, and academic organizations.
- In June 2017, I took voluntary retirement from the post of Joint Director in the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Uttarakhand, India, after 20 years, working at different levels in different capacities. Among these 20 years, for the last ten years, I worked at a senior level in various hospitals, health programs, healthcare delivery systems, community health programs, etc., at the district, state, and national level, with an active role in the implementation, evaluation, and management. I took VRS to pursue research and my work in (my interest) Spiritual Health full time.
-Worked as a Technical Advisor to Public Health Projects and Programs funded by national and international organizations with various Non-Government Organizations in Uttarakhand for more than 20 years.
Book on Spiritual Health –
1 - Spiritual Health - Publisher – Notion Press, McNichols Road Chetpet Chennai 600031, ISBN 978-1-948473-33-0
2 – Spirituality: Neurobiology at Our Best, ISBN(International Edition) 9798744294571; ISBN (Indian Edition) 978-93-5473-616-2
M Bhatt European Journal of Public Health, Volume 30, Issue Supplement_5, September 2020, ckaa166.1168, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckaa166.1168 Published: 30 September 2020
2 - The ‘Thought Model’ of Spirituality to Solve Conflicts in Training and Education of Spiritual Health in Modern Public Healthcare Systems. (International Journal of Health and Medical Sciences volume 5 issue 1 pp. 29-34 doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.20469/ijhms.5.30004-1 )
3 – Research Paper – “Spiritual Health – New Paradigms in Our Understanding of Spirituality and Health.” Presented at an international conference held 13th to 15th March in Bangkok, Thailand. Published in International Conference on Spirituality and Psychology 2019 Proceedings, ISBN 978-86-87043-65-7
4 – Research Paper - ‘Spiritualism’ As The Religion Of Future Or ‘Spiritual Revolution’ In 21st Century PDF Mahesh Prasad Bhatt 191-201 (Research Paper published in West East Journal of Social Sciences Vol 8). This research paper was presented at an International Conference at Harvard Faculty Club, Harvard University. This conference is held from 29th July to 2ndAugust 2019.
Spiritual Health Articles -
To read this article, click on the link below -
Many other articles online and offline on various platforms on Spirituality and Religiosity and how Science affects and interacts with them and how they affect our health’s physical, mental and social dimensions. Spiritual Health and its role in preventive, promotive, and curative health was at the center of my writings for the last few years.
Important Lectures in last two years –
1) Annual Invitation Guest Lecture at Uttarakhand Council of Science and Technology on the eve of Science Day (28th February 2018) on “Religion, Spirituality, and Science in Context of Human Health and Spiritual Health at the Level of Our Thought Processes.”
2) Guest Lecture on the eve of World Student Day 15th October 2019 on “Spiritual Health – A Paradigm Shift in Our Understanding of Spirituality and Religion in Context of New Scientific Knowledge in Preventive, Promotive, Curative Health and Healthcare Delivery Systems.” At Govt. Medical College Kannauj UP.
3) Guest Lecture on 19th October 2019 on “Spiritual Health for Health, Happiness, and Wellbeing” in a short-term national training program for professors in Higher Education at HNB Garhwal University (A Central University) Shrinagar (Garhwal) Uttarakhand (16-22 October 2019) (A program under the Scheme of MHRD Govt. of India).
Apart from the above, I am a regular speaker at different academic and social institutions and organizations. The list is long which is available here https://drmaheshbhatt.com/news-1
Important International Conferences attended as speaker in 2019-21
1 – Global Health Literacy Summit, Taipei, Taiwan (October 3 – 5, 2021) Presented a research paper, “Evaluation of the Thought Model of Spirituality to define the Spiritual Dimension in Health Literacy for Public Health Promotion.”
2 – International Conference on Salutogenesis, Girona, (17 – 18 June 2021) Presented Research “Study of Conceptual Similarities and Synergies between Spirituality and Salutogenesis and Importance of Spiritual Dimension of Health in Salutogenic Model of Health Promotion.”
3 – 6thInternational Conference on Spirituality and Psychology, (March 13 – 15, 2021) Presented “Spiritual Dimension in Health Promotion during COVID19 Pandemic.”
4 – 16th World Congress on Public Health 2020, Rome, Italy, (October 12 – 16, 2020) Presented “Training of the Spiritual Dimension of Health in India – an Innovative Thought Model Approach.”
5 – 2019 WEI International Academic Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences, Harvard Faculty Club, Harvard University, Boston, USA, (July 29 – August 2, 2019), Presented “Spiritualism as the Religion of Future or ‘Spiritual Revolution’ in the 21stcentury.”
6 – 4th Annual International Conference on Spirituality and Psychology, Bangkok, Thailand, (March 13th – 15th ), Presented “Spiritual Health – New Paradigms in Our Understandings of Spirituality and Health.
Public Health Activities and Initiatives during COVID19 Pandemic -
During COVID19, run a Free Online Health Promotion and Telemedicine Program with MMBSHS Trust (a charitable trust) in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand.
Conducted and participated as the keynote speaker and expert speaker in various online national seminars, conferences, and social meetings with Universities, Organizations, Colleges, etc., throughout the COVID19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
Research & Publications: Visit